Waterfall Card

Looking for new projects to use your Bombshells? Find detailed step by step projects created by our Design Team here!

Waterfall Card

Postby cajunstampingqueen on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:47 pm

So I may be the only person in the stamping world that did not know how to make this card before now, but I am totally stoked about how it turned out that I had to share! Just in case there are some other late bloomers out there like me!

Supplies needed:
Neutral color cardstock ( I used SU whisper white)
Colored cardstock ( I used black)
Assorted stamps and inks
Paper trimmer with scoring blade
Brads
Ribbon or cord
Adesive
Aquapainter or other coloring tools desired ( optional depending on the style of stamps used)
CIMG1099.JPG

Step 1: Cut your neutral cardstock to the following measurements: 5 1/4" x 4"(1), 1 7/8"x 1 7/8"(4). Cut your colored cardstock: 2" x 2" (4), 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" (1), 9" x 2" (1), 3/4" x 4" (1).
CIMG1098.JPG

Step 2. Decorate your largest piece of neutral cardstock as desired. ( I watercolored the background) Also stamp your four neutral colored squares.
CIMG1092.JPG

Step 3.(optional) Depending on the style of stamp you use colore your stamped images with any method you choose. I chose to watercolor with Distress Ink refills and my aquapainter.

Step 4. Attach the 4 stamped squares to the slightly larger colored cardstock squares.
CIMG1089-2.jpg

Step 5. This is where your scoring tool comes in. Take your 9" x 2" strip of colored cardstock, starting at one end of strip, score at 2", 2 3/4", 3 1/2", and 4 1/4 inches. (We will now call this piece "BOB")

Step 6. Attach the strip that measures 3/4" x 4" to the front of the neutral cardstock with brads. It is very important that you do not have any adhesive in the middle of this strip. Once you have attached this strip to your neutral cardstock add the entire piece onto your largest piece of colored cardstock. (the bottom of my strip is 3/4" from the bottom of the card) See picture in step 4

Step 7. Attach your first stamped image to the bottom 2" x 2" space at the scored end of "BOB". Continue by attaching remaining stamped images. Making sure to only apply adhesive to the scored sections of "BOB". Once you have all the images attached you should be able to gently pull the bottom of the longest section of "BOB" straight down and watch the images flip one at a time.
CIMG1093.JPG
CIMG1093.JPG (65.82 KiB) Viewed 1660 times

Step 8. Next attach "BOB" to the horizontal strip you just placed on the front of the neutral cardstock. To do this, slide the longest section of "BOB" between the horizontal strip and the card, making sure to center it in the middle of your card. Line up the edge of the scored end of "BOB" with the bottom of the horizontal strip and attach. Make sure not to attach "BOB" together!!!

Step 9. Attach some ribbon or cord to the bottom of "BOB" for easier pulling.

This is my finished project!!!
CIMG1094.JPG
CIMG1095.JPG
CIMG1097.JPG
cajunstampingqueen

Re: Waterfall Card

Postby GlitteryKatie on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:28 am

COOL!!!!! :D
GlitteryKatie

Postby Kathi on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Way cool. I've never made one, though I have seen them.

It seems so complicated to me still. I lack the engineering gene.
http://kathstales.blogspot.com <---My blog

Proud Bombshell Girl!
Kathi

Postby AnitaMarie on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:38 pm

wow totally Kool card .. :D
AnitaMarie

Postby Alison on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:35 pm

This is why you and I are perfect for each other! I have been wanting to learn how to do this for a long time! So you're not the only one! I will NEED to try this out! Thanks for sharing!!! :D
~Alison
Take a peek at my blog!
http://alisonsrandomthoughts.blogspot.com
Alison

Postby kasmello on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Cool!
Visit me at my blog....
http://www.artloveschaos.blogspot.com
and at my store - which is having a sale right now.....
http://www.artfire.com/users/artloveschaos
kasmello

Postby PinkStar on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:59 am

YES! I so love your hidden skelly!!!!!!! The rest of the card looks great, too - but that skelly's my fave!!!
~Steph~
DT February 2010 - Present!

Come visit me here: http://www.pinkstarcreations.blogspot.com
PinkStar

Postby bombshellstamps on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Brilliant Kelli, I love how you pulled this together, and fantastic description too!!! :D
Shannon
bombshellstamps
Site Admin

Return to STEP x STEP TUTORIALS