Chunky ATCs

Looking for new projects to use your Bombshells? Find detailed step by step projects created by our Design Team here!

Chunky ATCs

Postby cajunstampingqueen on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:13 am

Ok so in September I made a Chunky ATC for the blog hop and hinted that I would do a tutorial! Well it's finally here!!!

Here is the list of supplies that you will need:

Cardstock (any color you choose)
Images (I used Bombshell Angel, and swing skirt digi)
embellishments
tape ( i used 3 different types)(red-lined tape or any other super strong tape, pop up tape, and regular like mono)
Cutting and Scoring device

CIMG1312-2.jpg

Now here's what you do:

Step 1: cut your cardstock 3 1/2 x 7 1/4 inches.

Step 2: score cardstock at 2 1/2, 3, 3 1/2, 6, 6 1/2, 7, and 7 1/4. (I know that's a lot of scoring but, you need them all). Now that you have done all the cutting and scoring of the base of the card you can set it aside and work on your images and embellies! Once you have everything assembled you can start putting it together.

CIMG1319.JPG

Step 3: You may want to pre-fold your score lines. If so then do a few mountain and valley folds making sure that the valley folds are at the 3" and 6 1/2" score lines.

Step 4: Place your red lined tape on the 1/4" tab. Now it's your choice weather you adhere the ATC now or after it is embellished as you like. If you choose to wait until the end keep that in mind when you are placing your embellishements as you will need room to press firmly for optimum stickage! ( I totally suggest adhereing at the beginning so you don't have to think about it!)

CIMG1320.JPG

this is where the red-lined tape should go

Step 5: Finish any way you like. I used the pop tape to adhere some of my embellies and my Angel!
Here is what mine looks like! I am sure you could use anything you wish to make the ATC out of! My next project is to use wood as the base! I will let you know how that works out!
CIMG1162.JPG
CIMG1163.JPG
CIMG1164.JPG
CIMG1165.JPG

REMEMBER: THE IDEA IS A CHUNKY ATC SO GO AS THICK AS YOU WANT!!!
cajunstampingqueen

Re: Chunky ATCs

Postby Kathi on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:16 am

Very cool. Thanks for the tutorial! I do love your "chunky" ATC!
http://kathstales.blogspot.com <---My blog

Proud Bombshell Girl!
Kathi

Postby GlitteryKatie on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:35 am

Oooh theses are cool!!!! :D
GlitteryKatie

Postby bombshellstamps on Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:44 pm

What a great idea Kelli! I love the Bombshell skirt and outfit too :D
Shannon
bombshellstamps